Wednesday, May 9, 2012

A Whole Lot of Projects Going at Once

I know there has been a serious lack of posts since our tag sale. You probably think I'm kicking back and relaxing on some sunny beach somewhere. Well, not exactly. I'm always a little wiped out after a sale, but I'm also excited to turn my attention to new and completely different projects. And that usually means catching up on my house. It looks all peaceful and quiet on the outside, right?




Well believe me, we've got a whole lot of projects going all at once! You've seen pictures of our master bathroom and the hall bathroom, but never the bedrooms. That's because they were pretty boring and in serious need of an update. So first up, we are putting in all new closet doors. All the bedrooms and the linen closet had these crazy metal doors that went all the way to the ceiling and totally overwhelmed the rooms.



And as an added bonus, they had really grungy metal tracks in the floor. Those definitely had to go.

The new wooden closet doors required new framing.



Now the entire upstairs is being painting. That required testing out colors of course. 


And moving a whole lot of stuff from one room to another, and back again. This is Megan's room at the moment.


Ryan's room.



And the guest room. And seriously, they were out-of-date, but neat and tidy before the painting started.

After the painting, comes all new carpet. I still have to make that selection. Then there will be another whole round of moving stuff around. Not convinced that we need new carpet, this house is over thirty years old and still has the original carpet upstairs. And  I step over this spot about a dozen times a day.


But as you probably know, it usually looks pretty bad before it gets really pretty! We're still in the thick of it, but here are two of my inspiration pictures. The first is a Sarah Richardson room. Megan and I just love Sarah. I would let her do whatever she wanted in my house! Megan picked this Pottery Barn duvet cover as the starting point for her room. It's going to be bright, happy and full of color! Even though my children are grown and don't actually live here, they can still have cool rooms, don't you think?



And the plank paneling in this room (from Pottery Barn Kids) is the inspiration for the wall behind Ryan's bed. (Just ignore the fact that this room is cute and girly, just look at that cool wall.) He doesn't know that yet. And actually, my husband doesn't know that either. We'll see who really reads the blog!



And one last thing upstairs (not really the last thing) is this cool pebble tile for the shower floor. Too bad the grout is chipping out in there, really too bad.


And if all that's not enough, we're also trying to finish up our landscaping project in the back. Remember the rock wall project of last summer and fall? The plants finally arrived last week, just before the rain. Here's just a peek!




And at the same time, the pond developed a leak and needs a new liner. Yes, that's a man in my pond.


We've temporarily diverted the water. Thanks goodness it's the upper pond.


Because Bubba and his friends would not be happy if it were the lower pond!


As soon as the forecast calls for a day without rain, the guys should be back to call this job complete!


So there you have it, that's what I've been up to. I'm not quite relaxing on a sunny beach. I have been crazy busy. But if you know me at all, you know how much I love a good project! And in the interest of full disclosure, we are not doing these projects without help. Then I would really be going crazy! .....  Hopefully there will be pretty pictures to share soon. And in the meantime, I may even get a piece of furniture painted!





13 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

how fun! i am excited to see the room redos! i came close to buying that bedding from pb for emmy's room! ;)

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

I'm tired just looking at it all! Looks like you have great ideas and plans and once you get through the 'thick' of it -- it will all come together nicely!

Danielle said...

Wow! You've been super busy!

Heather @ The JUNKtion said...

I knew you weren't resting...that never seems to happen to our kind. Resting, what's resting? Anyhoo, I'm excited to see the end result of all these projects, and I'm sure you are too! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is a LOT of projects going on at one time. You make me feel slightly more sane for tackling our front and back yards at the same time. Ha ha. I can't wait to see some after photos.

NanaDiana said...

But...but...but...Sharon---what are you going to do with all the spare time you have?;>)

What a LOT you have going on- you CAN do this, girl! You will look back on it and be so glad it is all done~ xo Diana

Katie said...

Wow! You do have a ton going on! I love the inspiration photos! That pebble tile is going to look great. I can't wait to see the whole backyard area with the plants! It'll be gorgeous!

Twice Nice said...

You just made me long for a nap! You're a ball of energy over there!
Can't wait for all the reveals. I need some inspiration!

Gail said...

WOW and I think I have it bad...I'll stop complaining now! I'm excited for you and can't wait to see it all done.

Korrie@RedHenHome said...

You have a very full plate! Right now it probably feels like your living in a hurricane, but imagine how nice it will be when everything comes together! (And it will probably happen all at once!)

Emily @ The Diligent One said...

Whaaat?! I am so excited for you!! I can't wait to see every single room when it's all done! :)

Ali Richardson said...

WOW! That all looks like a ton of work. Can't wait to see the "after" shots :)

Kendra | Our Homemade Happiness said...

I just found your site through Country Momma Cooks. I love that you post your house projects! I'm renting but can't wait for my own house someday so I can have my own projects. :) Until then, I'll have to live vicariously through you! :)